There are many different options when installing control valves on a water truck. If you are looking to control your butterfly valves with pneumatic solenoid valves this how to video shows you best practice. This way ensures longer life from your valves, less failures and easier maintenance.
Below we have done up a typical inventory list of what is considered best practice for a water truck valve with 6 double acting pneumatic butterfly valves controlled using manifolded solenoid valves. The below is just a guide and sizes and quantities can be changed (each item is hyperlinked to view if you wish).
- 6 x Double Acting 80mm butterfly valves
- 1 x 6 station 1/4″ valve manifold bank
- 6 x 5/2 Solenoid/Spring 1/4″ Solenoid Valves
- 4 x 3/8″ sintered brass button silencers
- 1 x 3/8″ threaded by supply size tubing push fit
- 1 x 3/8″ hex head plug
- 6 x 1/4″ by 6mm swivel elbow push fit fittings
- 6 x 1/4″ by 6mm extended swivel elbow push fit fittings
- 1 x 100m roll of 6mm nylon tubing